Subject: [PATCH 0/4] pack-bitmap: use bitmaps for traversals with '--filter=tree:0'

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2020 17:12:22 -0600

Hi,

This is a re-submission of mine and Peff's series in [1] to get some
more eyes on it. The intent of this series is to take advantage of
the type bitmaps when using '--filter=tree:0'.

We have been running these patches at GitHub for a couple of months now
to power fetches with '--filter=tree:0' (but no other values of N,
patches to come later to address this).

The content of the patches attached are the same as in
their original submission; the only change on my part has been to
rebase them over the latest from master.

Thanks in advance for your review.

[1]: https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

Jeff King (2):
  list-objects-filter: treat NULL filter_options as "disabled"
  pack-bitmap: pass object filter to fill-in traversal

Taylor Blau (2):
  pack-bitmap.c: make object filtering functions generic
  pack-bitmap.c: support 'tree:0' filtering

 list-objects-filter.c              |  3 ++
 pack-bitmap.c                      | 72 +++++++++++++++++++++++-------
 t/perf/p5310-pack-bitmaps.sh       | 10 +++++
 t/t6113-rev-list-bitmap-filters.sh | 21 +++++++++
 4 files changed, 90 insertions(+), 16 deletions(-)

--
2.26.0.113.ge9739cdccc