Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Safer GIT_CURL_VERBOSE

From: Jonathan Tan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 10:43:08 -0700

These are patches that unify GIT_CURL_VERBOSE and GIT_TRACE_CURL. This
helps avoid GIT_CURL_VERBOSE being a source of confusion, especially
with the presence of GIT_REDACT_COOKIES. The motivation is further
explained in the commit message of patch 2.

I noticed some commits that refer to GIT_CURL_VERBOSE as deprecated
(see what 930b67ebd7 ("Merge branch 'ep/use-git-trace-curl-in-tests'",
2016-09-12) merged in), although it seems that they are just referring
to the fact that GIT_TRACE_CURL has more features than GIT_CURL_VERBOSE
and should be preferred (74c682d3c6 ("http.c: implement the
GIT_TRACE_CURL environment variable", 2016-05-24)). I haven't made any
references to deprecating anything in any of the commit messages, but
deprecating GIT_CURL_VERBOSE (so that we have only one way of doing
things) seems good to me - but this is a matter for another patch, I
think.

Jonathan Tan (2):
  t5551: test that GIT_TRACE_CURL redacts password
  http, imap-send: stop using CURLOPT_VERBOSE

 Documentation/git.txt        |  2 --
 http.c                       |  8 +++++++-
 http.h                       |  7 +++++++
 imap-send.c                  |  2 +-
 t/t5551-http-fetch-smart.sh  | 36 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 t/t5581-http-curl-verbose.sh |  2 +-
 trace.c                      | 20 ++++++++++++++++----
 trace.h                      |  6 ++++++
 8 files changed, 74 insertions(+), 9 deletions(-)

-- 
2.26.2.645.ge9eca65c58-goog