Subject: [PATCH 0/8] CDN offloading update

From: Jonathan Tan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2020 15:30:12 -0700

For those of you who are interested in CDN offloading, we have been
trying it out at $DAYJOB and found a bug - since we use the URL as the
name of a temporary file, if the URL is longer than the maximum filename
size (255 on Linux), it will not work.

Here are the latest patches with the bug fix. Note that these are based
on the "next" branch.

Jonathan Tan (8):
  http: use --stdin when getting dumb HTTP pack
  http: improve documentation of http_pack_request
  http-fetch: support fetching packfiles by URL
  Documentation: order protocol v2 sections
  Documentation: add Packfile URIs design doc
  upload-pack: refactor reading of pack-objects out
  fetch-pack: support more than one pack lockfile
  upload-pack: send part of packfile response as uri

 Documentation/git-http-fetch.txt         |   8 +-
 Documentation/technical/packfile-uri.txt |  78 +++++++++++
 Documentation/technical/protocol-v2.txt  |  44 +++++--
 builtin/fetch-pack.c                     |  17 ++-
 builtin/pack-objects.c                   |  76 +++++++++++
 connected.c                              |   8 +-
 fetch-pack.c                             | 135 ++++++++++++++++---
 fetch-pack.h                             |   2 +-
 http-fetch.c                             |  64 +++++++--
 http.c                                   |  88 ++++++++-----
 http.h                                   |  32 ++++-
 t/t5550-http-fetch-dumb.sh               |  25 ++++
 t/t5702-protocol-v2.sh                   |  88 +++++++++++++
 transport-helper.c                       |   5 +-
 transport.c                              |  12 +-
 transport.h                              |   6 +-
 upload-pack.c                            | 157 +++++++++++++++++------
 17 files changed, 711 insertions(+), 134 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/technical/packfile-uri.txt

-- 
2.27.0.rc0.183.gde8f92d652-goog