Subject: [PATCH 0/5] t: replace incorrect test_must_fail usage (part 6)

From: Denton Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 11:03:14 -0400

The overall scope of these patches is to replace inappropriate uses of
test_must_fail. IOW, we should only allow test_must_fail to run on `git`
and `test-tool`. Ultimately, we will conclude by making test_must_fail
error out on non-git commands. An advance view of the final series can
be found here[1].

This is the sixth and final(!) part. It cleans up instances of
`test_must_fail` that were introduced since the effort began. In
addition, it finally flips the switch and makes test_must_fail only
allow a whitelist of commands.

This series is based on the merge of 'master' and
'dl/test-must-fail-fixes-5'. In addition, this series was tested by
merging with 'seen~1' (to ignore the reftable failures) to ensure no
in-flight topics will require more changes.

The first part can be found here[2]. The second part can be found
here[3]. The third part can be found here[4]. The fourth part can be
found here[5]. The fifth part can be found here[6].

[1]: (may be rebased at any time) https://github.com/Denton-L/git/tree/ready/cleanup-test-must-fail2
[2]: https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/
[3]: https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/
[4]: https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/
[5]: https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/
[6]: https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

Denton Liu (5):
  t3701: stop using `env` in force_color()
  t5324: reorder `run_with_limited_open_files test_might_fail`
  t7107: don't use test_must_fail()
  t9834: remove use of `test_might_fail p4`
  test-lib-functions: restrict test_must_fail usage

 t/t0000-basic.sh               | 18 ++++++++++++++++
 t/t3701-add-interactive.sh     | 10 +++++++--
 t/t5324-split-commit-graph.sh  |  2 +-
 t/t7107-reset-pathspec-file.sh |  9 ++++++--
 t/t9834-git-p4-file-dir-bug.sh |  2 +-
 t/test-lib-functions.sh        | 39 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 6 files changed, 74 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)

-- 
2.27.0.383.g050319c2ae