Subject: [PATCH 0/3] commit-graph: introduce 'core.useBloomFilters'

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 13:17:36 -0400

Hi,

Here are some patches that we have been using at GitHub to control
whether or not Bloom filters stored in commit-graphs are read during
normal operation.

We're planning on using these patches as part of a two-phase roll-out of
changed-path Bloom filters, where the first phase conditions whether or
not repositories *write* Bloom filters, and the second phase (controlled
via the new 'core.useBloomFilters') controls whether repositories *read*
their Bloom filters.

This can also be handy for debugging purposes, say, for e.g., if Bloom
filters are suspected to be corrupt, they can be softly disabled without
dropping the rest of the data in the commit-graph.

Thanks in advance for your review.

-Taylor

Taylor Blau (3):
  commit-graph: pass a 'struct repository *' in more places
  t4216: fix broken '&&'-chain
  commit-graph: respect 'core.useBloomFilters'

 Documentation/config/core.txt |  5 +++++
 builtin/commit-graph.c        |  2 +-
 commit-graph.c                | 17 ++++++++++-------
 commit-graph.h                |  4 +++-
 fuzz-commit-graph.c           |  5 +++--
 repo-settings.c               |  3 +++
 repository.h                  |  1 +
 t/helper/test-read-graph.c    |  3 ++-
 t/t4216-log-bloom.sh          |  6 ++++--
 9 files changed, 32 insertions(+), 14 deletions(-)

--
2.27.0.224.g4cfa086e50