Subject: [PATCH v3 0/2] checkout: learn the checkout.guess config variable

From: Denton Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2020 22:48:13 -0700

If a user does not wish to use DWIM behaviour, they must manually
specify git checkout --no-guess each time. Teach checkout and switch to
honour the checkout.guess config variable instead.

Changes since v1:

* Replace enumerated priority list with bullet points

Changes since v2:

* Clarify that `--guess` is the default for checkout in the docs

Denton Liu (2):
  Documentation/config/checkout: replace sq with backticks
  checkout: learn to respect checkout.guess

 Documentation/config/checkout.txt      | 21 +++++++----
 Documentation/git-checkout.txt         |  5 ++-
 Documentation/git-switch.txt           |  3 ++
 builtin/checkout.c                     |  7 +++-
 contrib/completion/git-completion.bash | 25 ++++++++-----
 t/t2024-checkout-dwim.sh               | 11 ++++++
 t/t2060-switch.sh                      |  5 ++-
 t/t9902-completion.sh                  | 52 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 8 files changed, 109 insertions(+), 20 deletions(-)

Range-diff against v2:
1:  f08d3f796a = 1:  f08d3f796a Documentation/config/checkout: replace sq with backticks
2:  2678680a08 ! 2:  eb9daf4bcd checkout: learn to respect checkout.guess
    @@ Documentation/config/checkout.txt: will checkout the `<something>` branch on ano
     
      ## Documentation/git-checkout.txt ##
     @@ Documentation/git-checkout.txt: branches from there if `<branch>` is ambiguous but exists on the
    + 'origin' remote. See also `checkout.defaultRemote` in
      linkgit:git-config[1].
      +
    - Use `--no-guess` to disable this.
    +-Use `--no-guess` to disable this.
    ++`--guess` is the default behavior. Use `--no-guess` to disable it.
     ++
     +The default behavior can be set via the `checkout.guess` configuration
     +variable.
-- 
2.28.0.942.g77c4c6094c