Subject: [PATCH v2 0/4] update-ref: Allow creation of multiple transactions

From: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2020 11:06:43 +0100

Hi,

this is the second version of this patch series implementing support for
creation of multiple reference transactions in a single git-update-ref
process.

There's two changes compared to v1:

    - A small refactoring of t1400, which refactors many tests to not
      touch references via the filesystem but instead to use
      git-update-ref and git-show-ref. There's still tests in there
      which do, but converting them is harder as they create and read
      broken references.

    - I've added another commit on top which disallows restarting of
      transactions. E.g. writing "start\nstart\n" to git-update-ref is
      now going to fail.

Patrick

Patrick Steinhardt (4):
  t1400: Avoid touching refs on filesystem
  update-ref: Allow creation of multiple transactions
  p1400: Use `git-update-ref --stdin` to test multiple transactions
  update-ref: Disallow restart of ongoing transactions

 Documentation/git-update-ref.txt |   3 +-
 builtin/update-ref.c             |  15 +++-
 t/perf/p1400-update-ref.sh       |  20 ++---
 t/t1400-update-ref.sh            | 124 ++++++++++++++++++++++++-------
 4 files changed, 119 insertions(+), 43 deletions(-)

-- 
2.29.2