Subject: [PATCH v4 0/4] update-ref: allow creation of multiple transactions

From: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2020 09:12:26 +0100

Hi,

this is the fourth version of this patch series implementing support for
creation of multiple reference transactions in a single git-update-ref
process.

All changes are only in the first patch updating t1400:

    - A stale 'rm -f' was removed.

    - The workaround around broken repos was removed as we no longer
      delete HEAD.

    - Tests have been improved to verify that deleting a symref won't
      delete their target.

Patrick

Patrick Steinhardt (4):
  t1400: avoid touching refs on filesystem
  update-ref: allow creation of multiple transactions
  p1400: use `git-update-ref --stdin` to test multiple transactions
  update-ref: disallow "start" for ongoing transactions

 Documentation/git-update-ref.txt |   3 +-
 builtin/update-ref.c             |  15 +++-
 t/perf/p1400-update-ref.sh       |  20 ++---
 t/t1400-update-ref.sh            | 138 +++++++++++++++++++++++--------
 4 files changed, 126 insertions(+), 50 deletions(-)

-- 
2.29.2