Subject: [PATCH 0/2] ls-refs: only traverse through longest common ref prefix

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 13:19:08 -0500

Here is a series inspired by Jacob Vosmaer's recent patch to only traverse once
through the longest common prefix of given ref-prefixes in ls-refs.

Instead of a hand-rolled implementation, this uses the one written back in
b31e2680c4 (ref-filter.c: find disjoint pattern prefixes, 2019-06-26). The first
patch exposes that algorithm in refs.h, and the second patch uses the new
function.

If Jacob is happy with this direction, I'd suggest that we use this series as a
replacement for his patch.

Thanks in advance for your review.

Taylor Blau (2):
  refs: expose 'for_each_fullref_in_prefixes'
  ls-refs.c: traverse longest common ref prefix

 ls-refs.c    |  6 +++-
 ref-filter.c | 74 ++------------------------------------------
 refs.c       | 87 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 refs.h       |  7 +++++
 4 files changed, 101 insertions(+), 73 deletions(-)

--
2.30.0.138.g6d7191ea01