Subject: [PATCH 0/9] stash show: learn --include-untracked and --only-untracked

From: Denton Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2021 01:31:50 -0800

A blindspot that I've noticed in git is that it's not possible to
properly view a stash entry that has untracked files via `git stash
show`. Teach `git stash show --include-untracked` which should do this.
In addition, this series also teaches `--only-untracked` and the
`stash.showIncludeUntracked` config option.

The first seven patches of this series are just some clean up that I've
done prior to working (because it bothers me). The remaining two patches
should be the meat of the change.

Denton Liu (9):
  git-stash.txt: be explicit about subcommand options
  t3905: remove spaces after redirect operators
  t3905: move all commands into test cases
  t3905: remove nested git in command substitution
  t3905: replace test -s with test_file_not_empty
  t3905: use test_cmp() to check file contents
  stash: declare ref_stash as an array
  stash show: teach --include-tracked and --only-untracked
  stash show: learn stash.showIncludeUntracked

 Documentation/config/stash.txt         |   5 +
 Documentation/git-stash.txt            |  22 +-
 builtin/stash.c                        |  30 ++-
 contrib/completion/git-completion.bash |   2 +-
 t/t3905-stash-include-untracked.sh     | 278 +++++++++++++++++--------
 5 files changed, 235 insertions(+), 102 deletions(-)

-- 
2.30.0.478.g8a0d178c01