Subject: [PATCH 0/5] clean-ups to geometric repacking

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2021 10:21:31 -0500

I was reading Junio's comments on my patch to implement a '--geometric' option
for 'git repack' here:

    https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

and felt that all of the suggestions therein would make for good clean-up. Since
the original series is already on next, this follow-up series is sent separately
(and can be cleanly applied on top of tb/geometric-repack).

These are all fairly straightforward clean-ups, although I could do with or
without the fourth patch. It adds a lot of verbosity in exchanged for checking
unsigned overflows, but I'm not sure how likely it is that we'd run into it. So,
I would be fine if that patch were dropped.

I applied Junio's sign-off to the last patch, since it was written by him in
the above mail, and I merely added a patch message. I hope that that's OK; if it
isn't, please don't hesitate to drop it (or I can resend it with my authorship
and sign-off).

Junio C Hamano (1):
  builtin/repack.c: reword comment around pack-objects flags

Taylor Blau (4):
  builtin/repack.c: do not repack single packs with --geometric
  t7703: test --geometric repack with loose objects
  builtin/repack.c: assign pack split later
  builtin/repack.c: be more conservative with unsigned overflows

 builtin/repack.c            | 46 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----------
 t/t7703-repack-geometric.sh | 46 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 79 insertions(+), 13 deletions(-)

-- 
2.30.0.667.g81c0cbc6fd