Subject: [PATCH 0/5] Parallel Checkout (part 2)

From: Matheus Tavares <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 18:12:18 -0300

This is the next step in the parallel checkout implementation. An
overview of the complete series can be seen at [1]. 

The last patch in this series adds a design doc, so it may help to
review it first. Also, there is no need to have any familiarity with
part-1, as this part doesn't have any semantic dependency with that.

This series is based on the merge of 'mt/parallel-checkout-part-1' and
'master', so that it can use the "brew cast" fix and the latest security
fix (both from master), to run the tests. (The merge is textually
clean, but it needs a small semantic fix: the '#include "entry.h"'
addition in builtin/stash.c).

Parallel-checkout-specific tests will be added in part-3.

[1]: https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

Matheus Tavares (5):
  unpack-trees: add basic support for parallel checkout
  parallel-checkout: make it truly parallel
  parallel-checkout: add configuration options
  parallel-checkout: support progress displaying
  parallel-checkout: add design documentation

 .gitignore                                    |   1 +
 Documentation/Makefile                        |   1 +
 Documentation/config/checkout.txt             |  21 +
 Documentation/technical/parallel-checkout.txt | 262 ++++++++
 Makefile                                      |   2 +
 builtin.h                                     |   1 +
 builtin/checkout--helper.c                    | 142 ++++
 entry.c                                       |  17 +-
 git.c                                         |   2 +
 parallel-checkout.c                           | 624 ++++++++++++++++++
 parallel-checkout.h                           | 111 ++++
 unpack-trees.c                                |  19 +-
 12 files changed, 1198 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/technical/parallel-checkout.txt
 create mode 100644 builtin/checkout--helper.c
 create mode 100644 parallel-checkout.c
 create mode 100644 parallel-checkout.h

-- 
2.30.1