Subject: [PATCH 0/2] git: support separate arg for `--config-env`'s value

From: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2021 17:56:45 +0200

Hi,

As pointed out by Ævar, the synopsis in the git(1) manpage was
misdocumenting the syntax of the `--config-env` option. This patch
series fixes it and also addresses the shortcoming that while most of
the other options support both `--git-dir=foo` and `--git-dir foo`,
`--config-env` only supported the former format.

I'm happy to drop the latter patch if it's generally seen as something
that's not needed, but Ævar and Peff got a point in that it feels
inconsistent with the other options.

Patrick

Patrick Steinhardt (2):
  git.txt: fix synopsis of `--config-env` missing the equals sign
  git: support separate arg for `--config-env`'s value

 Documentation/git.txt |  2 +-
 git.c                 |  8 ++++++++
 t/t1300-config.sh     | 15 ++++++++++++++-
 3 files changed, 23 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

-- 
2.31.1