Subject: [PATCH 0/6] AsciiDoc vs Asciidoctor, once again

From: Martin Ågren <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 20:17:39 +0200

These patches reduce

  ./doc-diff --from-asciidoc --to-asciidoctor --cut-footer HEAD HEAD

from ~1200 to ~1000 lines. It's the usual mix of things where one or the
other of the tools renders something less well, or where we're doing
something odd in the source and we just happen to notice it in the diff.

My ulterior motive here is to have a smaller doc-diff when I post a
patch to switch the default to Asciidoctor (with xmlto), so that it gets
a bit easier to reason about. But if everybody gets prettier docs,
that's also good.

Some of these rephrase wording such as "other peoples' commits" to avoid
that apostrophe at the end of a word. I'm hoping those rephrasings don't
regress the quality of the text -- if they do, I'll be happy to try
something else.

Martin Ågren (6):
  git-http-push.txt,git-send-pack.txt: avoid single quote
  git-range-diff.txt: avoid single quotes
  git-check-ref-format.txt: avoid single quote
  diff-options.txt: move monospace markup out of attribute
  git-svn.txt: change verse to listing block
  Doc: use two backticks for monospace, not backtick+apostrophe

 Documentation/config/diff.txt          |  2 +-
 Documentation/diff-options.txt         |  2 +-
 Documentation/git-check-ignore.txt     |  2 +-
 Documentation/git-check-ref-format.txt |  6 +--
 Documentation/git-describe.txt         |  2 +-
 Documentation/git-http-push.txt        |  2 +-
 Documentation/git-log.txt              |  2 +-
 Documentation/git-range-diff.txt       |  6 +--
 Documentation/git-send-pack.txt        |  2 +-
 Documentation/git-show.txt             |  2 +-
 Documentation/git-svn.txt              | 51 +++++++++++++++++---------
 11 files changed, 47 insertions(+), 32 deletions(-)

-- 
2.31.1.751.gd2f1c929bd