Subject: [PATCH 0/3] pack-objects: simplify add_objects_in_unpacked_packs()

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2021 22:48:43 -0400

This short series is extracted from mine and Peff's work on cruft packs. These
three patches focus on cleaning up add_objects_in_unpacked_packs(), which is
used to implement `git repack -k`.

The pay-off for this clean-up is significant, though: we net -50 lines of code,
and the result is much more readable, at least in my opinion.

The changes are described in detail in the patch messages, but essentially we
are replacing a loop over get_all_packs() with for_each_packed_object() after
adding a couple of new flags necessary to make the switch. And once we are done
with that, the third patch removes a bit from the object flag allocation table.

Thanks in advance for your review.

Taylor Blau (3):
  object-store.h: teach for_each_packed_object to ignore kept packs
  builtin/pack-objects.c: simplify add_objects_in_unpacked_packs()
  builtin/pack-objects.c: remove duplicate hash lookup

 builtin/pack-objects.c | 85 ++++++------------------------------------
 object-store.h         |  6 +++
 object.h               |  1 -
 packfile.c             |  6 +++
 4 files changed, 24 insertions(+), 74 deletions(-)

-- 
2.33.0.96.g73915697e6