Subject: [PATCH v2 0/3] More add_submodule_odb() cleanup in merge code

From: Jonathan Tan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2021 11:47:26 -0700

This is on jt/grep-wo-submodule-odb-as-alternate (unlike version 1)
because that branch introduces another usage of repo_submodule_init(),
and I need to update it.

The main change from version 1 is that I have introduced a patch (patch
2) that teaches repo_submodule_init() to support submodules with
unabsorbed gitdirs, which means that I no longer need the original patch
1 that updated t6437 to absorb all git dirs.

Once again, all these patches work under
GIT_TEST_MERGE_ALGORITHM=recursive and GIT_TEST_MERGE_ALGORITHM=ort (and
when that envvar is unset, for good measure).

I have also tested it with the "DO NOT SUBMIT" patch 3 from version 1.

Jonathan Tan (3):
  submodule: remove unnecessary unabsorbed fallback
  repository: support unabsorbed in repo_submodule_init
  revision: remove "submodule" from opt struct

 builtin/grep.c                               |  5 +-
 builtin/ls-files.c                           |  4 +-
 builtin/submodule--helper.c                  |  7 +--
 merge-ort.c                                  | 53 +++++++++++++-------
 merge-recursive.c                            | 49 +++++++++++-------
 repository.c                                 | 21 ++++----
 repository.h                                 | 15 +++---
 revision.c                                   | 16 ++----
 revision.h                                   |  1 -
 submodule.c                                  | 24 ++-------
 t/helper/test-submodule-nested-repo-config.c |  4 +-
 11 files changed, 102 insertions(+), 97 deletions(-)

-- 
2.33.0.309.g3052b89438-goog