Subject: [RFC PATCH 0/2] Conditional config includes based on remote URL

From: Jonathan Tan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 15:57:21 -0700

Previously [1], I sent a patch set for remote-suggested configs that are
transmitted when fetching, but there were some security concerns. Here
is another way that remote repo administators can provide recommended
configs - through conditionally included files based on the configured
remote. Git itself neither transmits nor prompts for these files, which
hopefully reduces people's concerns.

More information is in the commit message of patch 2.

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

Jonathan Tan (2):
  config: make git_config_include() static
  config: include file if remote URL matches a glob

 config.c          | 80 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----
 config.h          | 37 +++-------------------
 t/t1300-config.sh | 27 ++++++++++++++++
 3 files changed, 103 insertions(+), 41 deletions(-)

-- 
2.33.0.882.g93a45727a2-goog