Subject: [PATCH 0/2] cat-file: support NUL-delimited input with `-z`

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 19:28:54 -0400

This short patch series implements a `-z` mode that is compatible with
the `--batch`, `--batch-check`, and new `--batch-command` options in
`cat-file`.

This came out of a request from a colleague to support `cat-file`
invocations that refer to a tree entry whose name includes a newline
character.

The implementation is mostly straightforward, though the second patch
(which contains the main substance of this change) has a few additional
thoughts on areas for future cleanup. The first patch is preparatory, but
could easily be squashed, too.

Thanks in advance for your review!

Taylor Blau (2):
  t1006: extract --batch-command inputs to variables
  builtin/cat-file.c: support NUL-delimited input with `-z`

 Documentation/git-cat-file.txt |  7 +++-
 builtin/cat-file.c             | 28 +++++++++++--
 t/t1006-cat-file.sh            | 72 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------
 3 files changed, 88 insertions(+), 19 deletions(-)

-- 
2.37.0.1.g1379af2e9d