Subject: [PATCH 0/4] midx: trace2 regions and grab-bag patches

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2022 18:01:44 -0400

Here is a small handful of MIDX and MIDX bitmap-related patches that
I've been carrying in GitHub's fork for a while now and forgot to send
upstream.

The first is a small typofix, and the second is a legitimate bug fix
which allows us to consider annotated tags as bitmap candidates during
commit selection. The final two are trace2 regions and instrumentation
that I've found helpful when rolling out MIDX bitmaps in a production
setting.

Sorry that these are so disjointed in nature ;-). I figured that it was
better to send a grab-bag series like this than to hold onto these
patches forever!

Thanks in advance for your review.

Taylor Blau (4):
  midx.c: fix whitespace typo
  midx.c: consider annotated tags during bitmap selection
  midx.c: instrument MIDX and bitmap generation with trace2 regions
  pack-bitmap-write.c: instrument number of reused bitmaps

 midx.c                        | 34 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 pack-bitmap-write.c           |  8 +++++++-
 t/t5326-multi-pack-bitmaps.sh | 24 ++++++++++++++++++++++++
 3 files changed, 64 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

-- 
2.38.0.16.g393fd4c6db