Subject: [PATCH 0/7] shortlog: introduce `--group=<format>`

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 14:55:26 -0400

Here is one more very tiny reroll of my series to implement arbitrary
pretty formats as shortlog `--group`'s, based on a suggestion from Jacob
Stopak.

There are only a couple of changes from last time: one to rebase onto
the current tip of 'master', and another to address a bug in 4/7 (which
was resolved by the end of the series, but now works consistently
throughout the series).

This was pointed out by Peff in [1], and he indicated there:

> It's hard to care too much, since the end result of the series is
> correct, and you'd end up just removing that part of the line in
> the final patch. So I could go either way on re-rolling.

...but not re-rolling would be somewhat unsatisfying. So here is a
reroll that I think should be good to go.

Thanks in advance for your review.

[1]: https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

Jeff King (1):
  shortlog: accept `--date`-related options

Taylor Blau (6):
  shortlog: make trailer insertion a noop when appropriate
  shortlog: extract `--group` fragment for translation
  shortlog: support arbitrary commit format `--group`s
  shortlog: extract `shortlog_finish_setup()`
  shortlog: implement `--group=author` in terms of `--group=<format>`
  shortlog: implement `--group=committer` in terms of `--group=<format>`

 Documentation/git-shortlog.txt |  8 ++++
 builtin/log.c                  |  1 +
 builtin/shortlog.c             | 87 +++++++++++++++++++++++-----------
 shortlog.h                     |  5 ++
 t/t4201-shortlog.sh            | 39 +++++++++++++++
 5 files changed, 113 insertions(+), 27 deletions(-)

-- 
2.38.0.16.g393fd4c6db