Subject: [PATCH 0/4] Don't lazy-fetch commits when parsing them

From: Jonathan Tan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 12:30:45 -0800

This is a follow-up from my previous email about the possibility of not
fetching when we know that we're fetching a commit [1]. I had to refactor a few
things mostly due to replace objects, so the number of patches might be larger
than you would expect. I tried to keep each patch small and easy to understand,
though.

Patches 1-3 contain some forward-compatibility and refactoring changes, and
patch 4 contains the actual logic change.

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

Jonathan Tan (4):
  object-file: reread object with exact same args
  object-file: refactor corrupt object diagnosis
  object-file: refactor replace object lookup
  commit: don't lazy-fetch commits

 commit.c       | 18 ++++++++++++++--
 object-file.c  | 57 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----------------
 object-store.h | 10 +++++++++
 3 files changed, 65 insertions(+), 20 deletions(-)

-- 
2.38.1.584.g0f3c55d4c2-goog