Subject: [PATCH 0/4] Add a CI for unsigned char system

From: Đoàn Trần Công Danh <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2023 20:46:02 +0700

Recently, we have a brokeness on system with unsigned char because most of
people are working with x86_64 which has signed char.

This series tries to add a CI system for a widely used system with signed
char, which is arm64 via circle-ci.

In order to register for git to participate in Circle CI, you need to:
- Create an account and login into Circle CI, (I tried login with GitHub OAuth);
- Register a project with Circle CI, and choose which config.yml we would like
  to be used for Circle CI

Circle CI seems to allow 40000 (Forty thousand credits per month), in my
testing, with resource_class: 'arm.medium', (which costs 10 credits per minute),
it take 12m15s to finish, so that will be about 3000 run per month. I believe
arm.large, which is also available to free accounts and cost 20 credits per
minute, doesn't cost effective but I haven't checked out.

Sample run:
- Without the fix for unsigned char:
  https://app.circleci.com/pipelines/gh/sgn/git/12/workflows/9b39391d-0d03-4669-86e6-2796fd671c43/jobs/10
- Normal run:
  https://app.circleci.com/pipelines/gh/sgn/git/14/workflows/b8745f8e-8a57-4215-847e-2af66c1dd3c7/jobs/12

I'm not really sure if we want the 'store_test_results', which will upload the
test report in the 'TESTS' tab:
https://app.circleci.com/pipelines/gh/sgn/git/14/workflows/b8745f8e-8a57-4215-847e-2af66c1dd3c7/jobs/12/tests
and provides a test insights like this:
https://app.circleci.com/insights/gh/sgn/git/workflows/workflow/tests?branch=circle-ci

Đoàn Trần Công Danh (4):
  ci/lib.sh: remove an useless break
  ci/install-dependencies: libify p4 and git-lfs installation
  ci/install-dependencies: install git-lfs for arm64 build
  ci: add arm64 CI environment via CircleCI

 .circleci/config.yml       | 17 +++++++++++++++
 ci/install-dependencies.sh | 42 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--------
 ci/lib.sh                  | 30 ++++++++++++++++++++++-----
 3 files changed, 75 insertions(+), 14 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 .circleci/config.yml

-- 
2.40.0.rc1.2.gd15644fe02