Subject: [PATCH v2 0/8] repack: fix geometric repacking with gitalternates

From: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 12:22:27 +0200

Hi,

this is the second version of my patch to fix geometric repacking with
repositories that are connected to an alternate object database.
Following the discussion with Taylor and Derrick this series goes into
much more detail than the first version and fixes a bunch of issues all
related to geometric repacking.

Patrick

Patrick Steinhardt (8):
  midx: fix segfault with no packs and invalid preferred pack
  repack: fix trying to use preferred pack in alternates
  repack: fix generating multi-pack-index with only non-local packs
  pack-objects: fix error when packing same pack twice
  pack-objects: fix error when same packfile is included and excluded
  pack-objects: extend test coverage of `--stdin-packs` with alternates
  repack: honor `-l` when calculating pack geometry
  repack: disable writing bitmaps when doing a local geometric repack

 builtin/pack-objects.c        |  10 +-
 builtin/repack.c              |  65 +++++++++++--
 midx.c                        |   6 ++
 t/t5319-multi-pack-index.sh   |  11 +++
 t/t5331-pack-objects-stdin.sh | 103 +++++++++++++++++++++
 t/t7703-repack-geometric.sh   | 166 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 6 files changed, 349 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)
 create mode 100755 t/t5331-pack-objects-stdin.sh

-- 
2.40.0