Subject: [PATCH 0/9] fetch: smallish cleanups

From: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2023 13:48:38 +0200

Hi,

the dust around machine-parsable fetches has settled a bit, so as
promised this patch series contains a smallish set of cleanups for
git-fetch(1).

- Patch 1/9 drops the unused `DISPLAY_FORMAT_UNKNOWN` enum.

- Patch 2/9 drops a useless `NULL` check as pointed out by Peff.

- The remaining patches convert `git_fetch_config()` to not use global
  state anymore, but instead to parse all config values into the newly
  introduced `fetch_config` structure.

The patches depend on 15ba44f1b4 (Merge branch 'ps/fetch-output-format',
2023-05-15). As this is the last merge before v2.41.0-rc0 I've decided
to thus base this series on top of that tag.

Patrick

Patrick Steinhardt (9):
  fetch: drop unused DISPLAY_FORMAT_UNKNOWN enum value
  fetch: drop unneeded NULL-check for `remote_ref`
  fetch: pass through `fetch_config` directly
  fetch: use `fetch_config` to store "fetch.prune" value
  fetch: use `fetch_config` to store "fetch.pruneTags" value
  fetch: use `fetch_config` to store "fetch.showForcedUpdates" value
  fetch: use `fetch_config` to store "fetch.recurseSubmodules" value
  fetch: use `fetch_config` to store "fetch.parallel" value
  fetch: use `fetch_config` to store "submodule.fetchJobs" value

 builtin/fetch.c | 147 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++----------------------
 1 file changed, 79 insertions(+), 68 deletions(-)

-- 
2.40.1