Subject: [PATCH v4 0/3] pack-bitmap: boundary-based bitmap traversal

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2023 12:25:15 -0400

Here is another copy of the reroll I sent a few weeks ago[1] of the
boundary-based bitmap traversal topic.

It is identical to the previous version, except rebased onto the current
tip of 'master', which thankfully produced no conflicts.

My plan remains to drop the conditional after a version or two, and
hopefully having this be in 'master'/'next' sooner rather than later
will help us build additional confidence with folks who use those
branches as the base for their daily driver.

Thanks in advance for your review.

[1]: https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

Taylor Blau (3):
  object: add object_array initializer helper function
  pack-bitmap.c: extract `fill_in_bitmap()`
  pack-bitmap.c: use commit boundary during bitmap traversal

 Documentation/config/feature.txt |   3 +
 Documentation/config/pack.txt    |  17 +++
 ci/run-build-and-tests.sh        |   1 +
 object.c                         |   6 +
 object.h                         |   2 +
 pack-bitmap.c                    | 241 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----
 pack-bitmap.h                    |   4 +
 repo-settings.c                  |   7 +-
 repository.h                     |   1 +
 t/README                         |   4 +
 t/t5310-pack-bitmaps.sh          |  38 +++++
 11 files changed, 284 insertions(+), 40 deletions(-)

Range-diff against v3:
1:  c31508ac4a = 1:  1fff820874 object: add object_array initializer helper function
2:  e7b30490da = 2:  fa67382e21 pack-bitmap.c: extract `fill_in_bitmap()`
3:  8a8f41e0c4 = 3:  b80d17c938 pack-bitmap.c: use commit boundary during bitmap traversal
-- 
2.41.0.3.gb80d17c938