Subject: [PATCH 0/2] repack: make `collect_pack_filenames()` consistent

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2023 15:37:12 -0400

This series combines a patch that Stolee wrote[1] as an RFC, along with
one that I added as a follow-up on top[2].

The details are spelled out in the commit messages, but the gist is that
the first patch restores behavior from prior to 73320e49ad
(builtin/repack.c: only collect fully-formed packs, 2023-06-07).

The second patch does not change any behavior, but reimplements
`collect_pack_filenames()` in terms of `get_all_packs()`, to make `git
repack`'s notion of which packs exist in a usable state in the
repository is consistent with `add_packed_git()`,
`install_packed_git()`, etc.

[1]: https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/
[2]: https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

Derrick Stolee (1):
  builtin/repack.c: only repack `.pack`s that exist

Taylor Blau (1):
  builtin/repack.c: avoid dir traversal in `collect_pack_filenames()`

 builtin/repack.c  | 38 +++++++++++++++-----------------------
 t/t7700-repack.sh | 47 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----
 2 files changed, 57 insertions(+), 28 deletions(-)

-- 
2.41.0.320.gb3d0d9308ef