Subject: [PATCH 0/5] commit-graph: test cleanup and modernization

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2023 13:30:08 -0400

This short series addresses a few style nitpicks that I noticed while
looking through the commit-graph tests while writing [1].

Most importantly, it removes many instances in t5318 that change
directories outside of a sub-shell, altering the current working
directory of subsequent tests. This makes it difficult to run a subset
of tests, or otherwise include `cd "$TRASH_DIRECTORY"` at the top of
each test.

The first two patches are predatory, the next two are the substantive
test clean-ups, and the final patch cleans up some intermediate state
necessary to perform the clean-up over multiple commits.

Thanks in advance for your review.

[1]: https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

Taylor Blau (5):
  t/lib-commit-graph.sh: allow `graph_read_expect()` in sub-directories
  t/lib-commit-graph.sh: avoid directory change in
    `graph_git_behavior()`
  t5318: avoid top-level directory changes
  t5328: avoid top-level directory changes
  t/lib-commit-graph.sh: avoid sub-shell in `graph_git_behavior()`

 t/lib-commit-graph.sh              |  27 ++-
 t/t5318-commit-graph.sh            | 378 +++++++++++++----------------
 t/t5328-commit-graph-64bit-time.sh |  54 ++---
 3 files changed, 217 insertions(+), 242 deletions(-)

-- 
2.41.0.381.gd8424d64777