Subject: [PATCH 0/3] leak tests: mark remaining tests leak-free as such

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 14:40:34 -0400

While working on another topic that cleared up some leaks, I wanted to
see if any new tests became leak-free, so I ran:

    $ make SANITIZE=leak
    $ make GIT_TEST_PASSING_SANITIZE_LEAK=check GIT_TEST_OPTS=-i test

, and was surprised to see so many tests appear in the "failed" list
(indicating that they are free of leaks, but did not mark themselves as
such).

In fact, the patch I had written at the time didn't make a dent one way
or another in the list of leak-free tests, as the same results were
produced on 'master' without my changes.

This series marks all leak-free tests as such, meaning that the above
"make test" invocation will pass after this series. The bulk of the
tests which are marked here in the first patch were always
leak-free[^1]. The remaining two patches address a couple of special
cases of tests which are also leak-free.

Thanks in advance for your review!

[^1]: At least as far back as v2.38.0, when the "check" mode of
  GIT_TEST_PASSING_SANITIZE_LEAK was first introduced.

Taylor Blau (3):
  leak tests: mark a handful of tests as leak-free
  leak tests: mark t3321-notes-stripspace.sh as leak-free
  leak tests: mark t5583-push-branches.sh as leak-free

 t/t3321-notes-stripspace.sh | 1 +
 t/t5571-pre-push-hook.sh    | 1 +
 t/t5583-push-branches.sh    | 1 +
 t/t7516-commit-races.sh     | 2 ++
 4 files changed, 5 insertions(+)

-- 
2.42.0.3.g4011eb6a8b