Subject: [PATCH 0/8] repack: refactor pack snapshot-ing logic

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2023 16:36:37 -0400

This series refactors some of the 'git repack' internals to keep track
of existing packs in a set of string lists stored in a single structure,
instead of passing around multiple string lists to different functions
throughout the various paths.

The result is that the interface around pack deletion, marking packs as
redundant, and handling the set of pre-existing packs (both kept and
non-kept) is significantly cleaner without introducing any functional
changes.

I didn't mean to produce so much churn when I started writing these
patches, which began as a simple effort to rename a couple of variables
for more consistency.

Thanks in advance for your review!

Taylor Blau (8):
  builtin/repack.c: extract structure to store existing packs
  builtin/repack.c: extract marking packs for deletion
  builtin/repack.c: extract redundant pack cleanup for --geometric
  builtin/repack.c: extract redundant pack cleanup for existing packs
  builtin/repack.c: extract `has_existing_non_kept_packs()`
  builtin/repack.c: store existing cruft packs separately
  builtin/repack.c: drop `DELETE_PACK` macro
  builtin/repack.c: extract common cruft pack loop

 builtin/repack.c | 288 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------------------
 1 file changed, 174 insertions(+), 114 deletions(-)

-- 
2.42.0.119.gca7d13e7bf