Subject: [PATCH 0/8] chunk-format: introduce `pair_chunk_expect()` convenience API

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 15:25:12 -0400

While reviewing this series, I noticed a couple of spots that would be
helped by having a convenience function that stores the start of a
chunk in a designated location *after* checking that the chunk has the
expected size.

I called this function `pair_chunk_expect()` and touched up seven spots
that I think could benefit from having a convenience function like this.

This applies directly on top of 'jk/chunk-bounds'. Thanks in advance for
your review!

Taylor Blau (8):
  chunk-format: introduce `pair_chunk_expect()` helper
  commit-graph: read `OIDF` chunk with `pair_chunk_expect()`
  commit-graph: read `CDAT` chunk with `pair_chunk_expect()`
  commit-graph: read `GDAT` chunk with `pair_chunk_expect()`
  commit-graph: read `BIDX` chunk with `pair_chunk_expect()`
  midx: read `OIDF` chunk with `pair_chunk_expect()`
  midx: read `OIDL` chunk with `pair_chunk_expect()`
  midx: read `OOFF` chunk with `pair_chunk_expect()`

 chunk-format.c | 22 +++++++++++++++++
 chunk-format.h | 12 +++++++++-
 commit-graph.c | 65 +++++++++++++-------------------------------------
 midx.c         | 58 ++++++++++++--------------------------------
 4 files changed, 65 insertions(+), 92 deletions(-)

-- 
2.42.0.352.gd9c5062ff7.dirty