Subject: [PATCH v1 0/4] maintenance: use XDG config if it exists

From: Kristoffer Haugsbakk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 22:28:37 +0200

maintenance: use XDG config if it exists

I use the conventional XDG config path for the global configuration. This
path is always used except for `git maintenance register`.

§ Other discussions

While working on this series I found that Phillip Wood[1] had pointed out
that `xdg_config` is never used. However that was on a series where this
was the existing behavior (not new), so this wasn't acted upon.

🔗 1: https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

§ Patches

• 1–3: Preparatory
• 4: The desired change

§ CC

• Patrick Steinhardt: `config` changes
• Derrick Stolee: `maintenance` changes

Kristoffer Haugsbakk (4):
  config: format newlines
  config: rename global config function
  config: factor out global config file retrieval
  maintenance: use XDG config if it exists

 builtin/config.c       | 26 ++------------------------
 builtin/gc.c           | 23 +++++------------------
 builtin/var.c          |  2 +-
 config.c               | 30 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++----
 config.h               |  3 ++-
 t/t7900-maintenance.sh | 21 +++++++++++++++++++++
 6 files changed, 57 insertions(+), 48 deletions(-)

--
2.42.0.2.g879ad04204