Subject: [PATCH 00/10] t: more compatibility fixes with reftables

From: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 08:24:36 +0100

Hi,

this is the second patch series that refactors tests to become
compatible with the upcoming reftables backend. It's in the same spirit
as the first round of patches [1], where most of the refactorings are to
use plumbing tools to access refs or the reflog instead of modifying
on-disk data structures directly.

Patrick

[1]: <[email-masked]>

Patrick Steinhardt (10):
  t0410: mark tests to require the reffiles backend
  t1400: split up generic reflog tests from the reffile-specific ones
  t1401: stop treating FETCH_HEAD as real reference
  t1410: use test-tool to create empty reflog
  t1417: make `reflog --updateref` tests backend agnostic
  t3310: stop checking for reference existence via `test -f`
  t4013: simplify magic parsing and drop "failure"
  t5401: speed up creation of many branches
  t5551: stop writing packed-refs directly
  t6301: write invalid object ID via `test-tool ref-store`

 t/t0410-partial-clone.sh              |  4 +--
 t/t1400-update-ref.sh                 | 41 +++++++++++++++++++++++----
 t/t1401-symbolic-ref.sh               |  4 +--
 t/t1410-reflog.sh                     |  4 +--
 t/t1417-reflog-updateref.sh           | 10 +++++--
 t/t3310-notes-merge-manual-resolve.sh |  6 ++--
 t/t4013-diff-various.sh               | 27 ++++++++----------
 t/t5401-update-hooks.sh               |  6 ++--
 t/t5551-http-fetch-smart.sh           |  4 ++-
 t/t6301-for-each-ref-errors.sh        | 13 ++++-----
 10 files changed, 74 insertions(+), 45 deletions(-)

-- 
2.43.0