Subject: [PATCH v2 0/5] completion: silence pseudo-ref existence check

From: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 11:35:53 +0100

Hi,

this is the second version of my patch series that refactors the Bash
completion scripts to work better with reftables. Changes compared to
v1:

  - I've incorporated SZEDER's feedback that he has sent in reply to the
    original patch series that is already in `master`. Most importantly,
    we now discover the repo path in `__git_pseudoref_exists ()` itself.

  - I've included some refactorings to stop leaking local variables in
    `__git_pseudoref_exists ()`.

  - I've added tests for `__git_pseudoref_exists ()` directly, which was
    also suggested by SZEDER.

  - I've marked t9902 with `test_untraceable` now to unbreak macOS CI.

  - I've refactored the completion test to use `git show-ref --exists`
    to fix an issue with unborn pseudorefs that I didn't notice
    previously.

I didn't include a range-diff because quite a lof of things have moved
around.

Patrick

Patrick Steinhardt (5):
  completion: discover repo path in `__git_pseudoref_exists ()`
  t9902: verify that completion does not print anything
  completion: improve existence check for pseudo-refs
  completion: silence pseudoref existence check
  completion: treat dangling symrefs as existing pseudorefs

 contrib/completion/git-completion.bash | 11 +++---
 t/t9902-completion.sh                  | 47 ++++++++++++++++++++++++--
 2 files changed, 50 insertions(+), 8 deletions(-)
-- 
2.43.GIT