Subject: [PATCH v2 0/1] config: add back code comment

From: Kristoffer Haugsbakk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2024 18:57:50 +0100

This is a follow-up to the kh/maintenance-use-xdg-when-it-should
[series] which was merged in 12ee4ed506 (Merge branch
'kh/maintenance-use-xdg-when-it-sho.., 2024-01-26).

I dropped a code comment while iterating on a refactor. It still makes
as much sense in this context as before the refactor (it’s a _refactor_
in the sense of “don’t change code behavior”).

The code comment was moved to `config.c` in patch v1 3/4.[1] But review
feedback said that this comment didn’t fit in this new place and that we
shouldn’t `die()` in `git_global_config`. So in v2 3/4[2] I removed the
comment in `git_global_config`. But I forgot to put the comment back to
its original place, where it still makes as much sense as before my
series.

See the cover letter on the first version for the diff when I squash
this patch into c15129b699 (config: factor out global config file
retrieval, 2024-01-18).

Sorry about the churn.

Cc: [email-masked]

§ Changes in v2

Add an ack trailer.

This is the (tentative) final version. I read (interpreted)
`SubmittingPatches` as saying that the final version should be sent,
even though it’s just to add an additional trailer. I’m open for
feedback on the submission process of course.

I’ve added it after my signoff since it seems preferred to maintain the
chronology (although in this case either choice seems equally
clear). Also it seemed more common in the recent Git log.

🔗 series: https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/
🔗 1: https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/
🔗 2: https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

Kristoffer Haugsbakk (1):
  config: add back code comment

 builtin/config.c | 6 ++++++
 1 file changed, 6 insertions(+)

Range-diff against v1:
1:  48d66e94ec ! 1:  24f536d575 config: add back code comment
    @@ Commit message
         which explains `$HOME not set`.
     
         Signed-off-by: Kristoffer Haugsbakk <[email-masked]>
    +    Acked-by: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
     
      ## builtin/config.c ##
     @@ builtin/config.c: int cmd_config(int argc, const char **argv, const char *prefix)
-- 
2.43.0