Subject: [PATCH v2 0/1] diff: mark param1 and param2 as placeholders

From: Jiang Xin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 16:46:40 +0800

Some l10n translators translated the parameters "files", "param1" and
"param2" in the following message:

    "synonym for --dirstat=files,param1,param2..."

Translating "param1" and "param2" is OK, but changing the parameter
"files" is wrong. The parameters that are not meant to be used verbatim
should be marked as placeholders, but the verbatim parameter not marked
as a placeholder should be left as is.

This change is a complement for commit 51e846e673 (doc: enforce
placeholders in documentation, 2023-12-25).

With the help of Jean-Noël,some parameter combinations in one
placeholder (e.g. "<param1,param2>...") are splited into seperate
placeholders.

# range-diff v1...v2

1:  c65bca7f6f ! 1:  3a82f72f33 diff: mark param1 and param2 as placeholders
    @@ Commit message
         This change is a complement for commit 51e846e673 (doc: enforce
         placeholders in documentation, 2023-12-25).
     
    +    With the help of Jean-Noël,some parameter combinations in one
    +    placeholder (e.g. "<param1,param2>...") are splited into seperate
    +    placeholders.
    +
    +    Helped-by: Jean-Noël Avila <[email-masked]>
         Signed-off-by: Jiang Xin <[email-masked]>
     
      ## diff.c ##
     @@ diff.c: struct option *add_diff_options(const struct option *opts,
    + 		OPT_BITOP(0, "shortstat", &options->output_format,
    + 			  N_("output only the last line of --stat"),
    + 			  DIFF_FORMAT_SHORTSTAT, DIFF_FORMAT_NO_OUTPUT),
    +-		OPT_CALLBACK_F('X', "dirstat", options, N_("<param1,param2>..."),
    ++		OPT_CALLBACK_F('X', "dirstat", options, N_("<param1>,<param2>..."),
    + 			       N_("output the distribution of relative amount of changes for each sub-directory"),
    + 			       PARSE_OPT_NONEG | PARSE_OPT_OPTARG,
    + 			       diff_opt_dirstat),
    +@@ diff.c: struct option *add_diff_options(const struct option *opts,
    + 			       N_("synonym for --dirstat=cumulative"),
      			       PARSE_OPT_NONEG | PARSE_OPT_NOARG,
      			       diff_opt_dirstat),
    - 		OPT_CALLBACK_F(0, "dirstat-by-file", options, N_("<param1,param2>..."),
    +-		OPT_CALLBACK_F(0, "dirstat-by-file", options, N_("<param1,param2>..."),
     -			       N_("synonym for --dirstat=files,param1,param2..."),
    ++		OPT_CALLBACK_F(0, "dirstat-by-file", options, N_("<param1>,<param2>..."),
     +			       N_("synonym for --dirstat=files,<param1>,<param2>..."),
      			       PARSE_OPT_NONEG | PARSE_OPT_OPTARG,
      			       diff_opt_dirstat),
---
Jiang Xin (1):
  diff: mark param1 and param2 as placeholders

 diff.c | 6 +++---
 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

-- 
2.44.0.rc0