Subject: [PATCH 0/1] rebase: teach `--exec` about `GIT_REBASE_BRANCH`

From: Kristoffer Haugsbakk <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2024 21:03:36 +0100

The following patch adds an env. variable for the branch name that we
were on before the rebase operation started. This is for use by `--exec
<cmd>`.

The need for fetching the branch name came up while making a script for
`--exec` and it seemed that parsing the name out of the first line of
`git branch --list` was the best approach.

I thought that was inconvenient. Why not an environment variable set by
git-rebase(1)? (open question)

See: https://stackoverflow.com/a/50124157/1725151

§ Implementation

The implementation is inspired by
`builtin/branch.c:print_current_branch_name`.

Kristoffer Haugsbakk (1):
  rebase: teach `--exec` about `GIT_REBASE_BRANCH`

 Documentation/git-rebase.txt |  4 ++++
 builtin/rebase.c             | 15 ++++++++++++++-
 t/t3409-rebase-environ.sh    | 19 +++++++++++++++++++
 3 files changed, 37 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

-- 
2.44.0.64.g52b67adbeb2