Subject: [PATCH 0/4] reftable/stack: register temporary files

From: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2024 12:10:41 +0100

Hi,

when writing to a reftable stack there are several kinds of temporary
files that we have to write. For one this is the new table, second the
new "tables.list.lock" file. We do not register all of these with the
tempfiles subsystem though, which can have the consequence that
interrupted writes may leave those files behind.

This patch series addresses those cases for three cases:

  - Newly written tables.

  - Newly compacted tables.

  - Pending "tables.list.lock" during compaction.

The end result should be more robust regarding interruption and leave
left cruft behind.

Patrick

Patrick Steinhardt (4):
  lockfile: report when rollback fails
  reftable/stack: register new tables as tempfiles
  reftable/stack: register lockfiles during compaction
  reftable/stack: register compacted tables as tempfiles

 lockfile.h        |   4 +-
 reftable/stack.c  | 329 ++++++++++++++++++++++------------------------
 reftable/system.h |   2 +
 tempfile.c        |  21 +--
 tempfile.h        |   2 +-
 5 files changed, 177 insertions(+), 181 deletions(-)

-- 
2.44.0