Subject: [PATCH 0/4] Fix a bug in configuration parsing, and improve tests and documentation

From: Dragan Simic <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 14:22:06 +0100

This series is an evolvement from another recent series, [1] as a result
of a decision to fix a longstanding bug in the parsing of configuration
option values, instead of documenting the status quo. [2][3]

The bufgix introduced in this series _should_ have no hidden negative
effects.  All of the configuration-related tests, both the old and the
new ones, pass with the patches applied.

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/T/#u
[2] https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/
[3] https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

Dragan Simic (4):
  config: minor addition of whitespace
  config: really keep value-internal whitespace verbatim
  t1300: add more tests for whitespace and inline comments
  config.txt: describe handling of whitespace further

 Documentation/config.txt |  19 +++++---
 config.c                 |  15 ++++--
 t/t1300-config.sh        | 102 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 3 files changed, 122 insertions(+), 14 deletions(-)