Subject: [PATCH 0/4] format-patch: fix an option coexistence bug and add new --resend option

From: Dragan Simic <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 05:32:40 +0200

This series fixes a bug that allows --rfc and -k options to be specified
together when running "git format-patch".  This bug was introduced about
eight months ago, but it has remained undetected, presumably because of
lacking test coverage.  While fixing this bug, also add a test that covers
this mutual exclusion, for future coverage.

This series also adds --resend as the new option for "git format-patch"
that adds "RESEND" as a (sub)suffix to the patch subject prefix, which
eventually produces "[PATCH RESEND]" as the default patch subject prefix.
This subject prefix is commonly used on mailing lists to denote patches
resent after they had attracted no attention for a while.

Dragan Simic (4):
  format-patch docs: avoid use of parentheses to improve readability
  format-patch: fix a bug in option exclusivity and add a test to t4014
  format-patch: new --resend option for adding "RESEND" to patch
    subjects
  t4014: add tests to cover --resend option and its exclusivity

 Documentation/git-format-patch.txt |  9 +++++--
 builtin/log.c                      | 16 +++++++++---
 t/t4014-format-patch.sh            | 41 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 3 files changed, 61 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)