Subject: [PATCH 0/2] ci: detect more warnings via `-Og`

From: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2024 08:30:19 +0200

Hi,

this patch series is triggered by the thread at [1], where Peff noted a
potentially-uninitialized variable. In theory, GCC is able to diagnose
such issues via `-Wmaybe-uninitialized`. But in practice, this warning
is dependent on the optimization level used by GCC, where the issue in
the thread is only noticed when compiling with `-Og`.

The first patch is just a small fix to our CI I found while at it. The
second patch adapts our "pedantic" job to compile with `-Og` so that we
overall surface more issues. This would've catched the issue.

Patrick

[1]: <[email-masked]>

Patrick Steinhardt (2):
  ci: fix check for Ubuntu 20.04
  ci: let pedantic job compile with -Og

 ci/lib.sh                 | 2 +-
 ci/run-build-and-tests.sh | 9 +++++++++
 2 files changed, 10 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

-- 
2.45.2.409.g7b0defb391.dirty