Subject: [PATCH v4 0/2] ci: detect more warnings via `-Og`

From: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2024 08:38:15 +0200

Hi,

this is the fourth version of my patch series that starts to compile
with `-Og` in one of our CI jobs. This is done to surface more warnings
from the compiler that might not show with other optimization levels.

Changes compared to v3:

  - Remove the first patch as Junio has moved it into a separate
    topic so that it can be fast-tracked.

  - Drop the patch that changes CI jobs to compile with V=1.

  - Drop the `override` statement and instead implement CFLAGS_APPEND
    and LDFLAGS_APPEND via ALL_CFLAGS and ALL_LDFLAGS, respectively, as
    suggested by Peff.

The range diff is not all that useful for this version, and the patch
series is tiny, so I dropped it.

Thanks!

Patrick

Patrick Steinhardt (2):
  Makefile: add ability to append to CFLAGS and LDFLAGS
  ci: compile "linux-gcc-default" job with -Og

 Makefile                  | 4 ++--
 ci/run-build-and-tests.sh | 9 +++++++++
 2 files changed, 11 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
-- 
2.45.2.436.gcd77e87115.dirty