Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Improvements for Perforce tests

From: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2024 16:05:33 +0200

Hi,

I was recently trying to figure out whether the Perforce tests are
memory-leak free, but noticed that the tests don't run at all on my
machine because I have a newer version of Perforce than our CI. And
because the on-disk depot format has changed since r21, tests are
broken.

This small series adapts tests to work with both r21 and r23, updates
the version of Perforce used in CI and then ultimately marks all of the
Perforce tests as memory-leak free.

Thanks!

Patrick

Patrick Steinhardt (3):
  t98xx: fix Perforce tests with p4d r23 and newer
  ci: update Perforce version to r23.2
  t98xx: mark Perforce tests as memory-leak free

 ci/install-dependencies.sh                  |  2 +-
 t/t9800-git-p4-basic.sh                     | 14 ++++++++++++--
 t/t9801-git-p4-branch.sh                    |  1 +
 t/t9802-git-p4-filetype.sh                  | 16 +++++++++++++---
 t/t9803-git-p4-shell-metachars.sh           |  1 +
 t/t9804-git-p4-label.sh                     |  1 +
 t/t9805-git-p4-skip-submit-edit.sh          |  1 +
 t/t9806-git-p4-options.sh                   |  1 +
 t/t9808-git-p4-chdir.sh                     |  1 +
 t/t9809-git-p4-client-view.sh               |  1 +
 t/t9810-git-p4-rcs.sh                       |  1 +
 t/t9811-git-p4-label-import.sh              |  1 +
 t/t9812-git-p4-wildcards.sh                 |  1 +
 t/t9813-git-p4-preserve-users.sh            |  1 +
 t/t9814-git-p4-rename.sh                    |  1 +
 t/t9815-git-p4-submit-fail.sh               |  1 +
 t/t9816-git-p4-locked.sh                    |  1 +
 t/t9817-git-p4-exclude.sh                   |  1 +
 t/t9818-git-p4-block.sh                     |  1 +
 t/t9819-git-p4-case-folding.sh              |  1 +
 t/t9820-git-p4-editor-handling.sh           |  1 +
 t/t9821-git-p4-path-variations.sh           |  1 +
 t/t9822-git-p4-path-encoding.sh             |  1 +
 t/t9823-git-p4-mock-lfs.sh                  |  1 +
 t/t9825-git-p4-handle-utf16-without-bom.sh  | 19 ++++++++++++++++---
 t/t9826-git-p4-keep-empty-commits.sh        |  1 +
 t/t9827-git-p4-change-filetype.sh           |  1 +
 t/t9828-git-p4-map-user.sh                  |  1 +
 t/t9829-git-p4-jobs.sh                      |  1 +
 t/t9830-git-p4-symlink-dir.sh               |  1 +
 t/t9831-git-p4-triggers.sh                  |  1 +
 t/t9832-unshelve.sh                         |  1 +
 t/t9833-errors.sh                           |  1 +
 t/t9834-git-p4-file-dir-bug.sh              |  1 +
 t/t9835-git-p4-metadata-encoding-python2.sh |  1 +
 t/t9836-git-p4-metadata-encoding-python3.sh |  1 +
 36 files changed, 74 insertions(+), 9 deletions(-)

-- 
2.46.0.rc1.dirty