Subject: [PATCH v2 0/3] Add additional trace2 regions for fetch and push

From: Josh Steadmon <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2024 14:57:44 -0700

Last year at $DAYJOB we were having issues with slow
fetches/pulls/pushes. We added some additional trace2 regions which
helped us narrow down the issue to some server-side negotiation
problems. We've been carrying these patches downstream ever since, but
they might be useful to others as well.

Changes in V2:

* Added a new patch to implement trace2_printf() for event targets.

* Move some fetch trace regions deeper in the call stack to simplify
  control flow.

* Move some push trace regions deeper in the call stack to target the
  actual slow functions, and to not tie tracing to whether or not
  sideband communication is used.

Calvin Wan (1):
  send-pack: add new tracing regions for push

Josh Steadmon (2):
  trace2: implement trace2_printf() for event target
  fetch: add top-level trace2 regions

 Documentation/technical/api-trace2.txt | 17 +++++++++++++++--
 builtin/fetch.c                        | 16 +++++++++++++++-
 bundle-uri.c                           |  4 ++++
 send-pack.c                            | 16 +++++++++++++---
 trace2/tr2_tgt_event.c                 | 22 ++++++++++++++++++++--
 5 files changed, 67 insertions(+), 8 deletions(-)

base-commit: 25673b1c476756ec0587fb0596ab3c22b96dc52a
-- 
2.46.0.295.g3b9ea8a38a-goog