Subject: [PATCH v2 0/3] reftable: graceful concurrent writes

From: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2024 06:32:21 +0200

Hi,

this is the second patch series that makes graceful concurrent writes
work with the reftable backend.

There is only a single change compared to v1, namely a fix to the docs
to mention the right default timeout value.

Thanks!

Patrick

Patrick Steinhardt (3):
  refs/reftable: introduce "reftable.lockTimeout"
  reftable/stack: allow locking of outdated stacks
  refs/reftable: reload locked stack when preparing transaction

 Documentation/config/reftable.txt |  7 ++++
 refs/reftable-backend.c           |  9 ++++-
 reftable/reftable-stack.h         | 13 +++++-
 reftable/reftable-writer.h        |  8 ++++
 reftable/stack.c                  | 38 ++++++++++++------
 t/t0610-reftable-basics.sh        | 58 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 t/unit-tests/t-reftable-stack.c   | 67 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 7 files changed, 181 insertions(+), 19 deletions(-)

Range-diff against v1:
1:  ca3eab99f7e ! 1:  700a35df125 refs/reftable: introduce "reftable.lockTimeout"
    @@ Documentation/config/reftable.txt: reftable.geometricFactor::
     +	Whenever the reftable backend appends a new table to the stack, it has
     +	to lock the central "tables.list" file before updating it. This config
     +	controls how long the process will wait to acquire the lock in case
    -+	another process has already acquired it. Default is 1000 (i.e., retry
    -+	for 1 second).
    ++	another process has already acquired it. Default is 100 (i.e., retry
    ++	for 100ms).
     
      ## refs/reftable-backend.c ##
     @@ refs/reftable-backend.c: static int reftable_be_config(const char *var, const char *value,
2:  cd65e6d57b0 = 2:  f4be0966e17 reftable/stack: allow locking of outdated stacks
3:  37ec3acbff0 = 3:  111b497ef17 refs/reftable: reload locked stack when preparing transaction
-- 
2.46.0.551.gc5ee8f2d1c.dirty