Subject: [PATCH 0/5] Wire up Windows-based jobs in GitLab CI

From: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2024 15:25:15 +0200

Hi,

there's been multiple cases where changes I did recently broke Windows
systems. This was in the context of reftables, the libification
refactorings and other parts. Also, with my investigation of a more
modern build system I spent a ton of time in Windows overall. So it was
high time that I finally wire up support for Windows jobs in GitLab CI,
which is something I wanted to do for a long time.

This patch series does this with the help of Johannes. He helped me out
quite significantly by starting to publish new build artifacts as part
of the Git for Windows SDK pipelines that we can now easily download and
use. This makes it trivial to reimplement the "setup-git-for-windows"
GitHub Action as a simple PowerShell script such that both GitHub and
GitLab share the same implementation.

I've created a pull request in GitHub [1] and a merge request in GitLab
[2] to demonstrate that the pipelines work on both platforms.

Thanks!

Patrick

[1]: https://github.com/git/git/pull/1806
[2]: https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/git/-/merge_requests/204

Patrick Steinhardt (5):
  t7300: work around platform-specific behaviour with long paths on
    MinGW
  ci: create script to set up Git for Windows SDK
  ci: handle Windows-based CI jobs in GitLab CI
  gitlab-ci: introduce stages and dependencies
  gitlab-ci: exercise Git on Windows

 .github/workflows/main.yml | 16 +++++++-----
 .gitlab-ci.yml             | 51 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 ci/install-sdk.ps1         | 12 +++++++++
 ci/lib.sh                  | 18 ++++++++++----
 t/t7300-clean.sh           |  2 +-
 5 files changed, 87 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)
 create mode 100755 ci/install-sdk.ps1

-- 
2.47.0.rc1.33.g90fe3800b9.dirty