Subject: [PATCH 0/3] fuzz: port OSS-Fuzz tests back to Git

From: Josh Steadmon <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2024 14:11:52 -0700

Git's fuzz tests are run continuously as part of OSS-Fuzz [1]. Several
additional fuzz tests have been contributed directly to OSS-Fuzz;
however, these tests are vulnerable to bitrot because they are not built
during Git's CI runs, and thus breaking changes are much less likely to
be noticed by Git contributors.

OSS-Fuzz's recommended setup is for tests to live in the repository of
the code they test and to be built along with other tests [1].

Port some of these tests back to the Git project, so that they can be
built and tested during our normal development workflow and CI, and as
such avoid future bitrot.

[1] https://google.github.io/oss-fuzz/advanced-topics/ideal-integration/

Eric Sesterhenn (3):
  fuzz: port fuzz-credential-from-url-gently from OSS-Fuzz
  fuzz: port fuzz-parse-attr-line from OSS-Fuzz
  fuzz: port fuzz-url-decode-mem from OSS-Fuzz

 Makefile                                   |  3 ++
 attr.c                                     | 38 +------------------
 attr.h                                     | 43 ++++++++++++++++++++++
 ci/run-build-and-minimal-fuzzers.sh        | 15 +++++++-
 oss-fuzz/.gitignore                        |  3 ++
 oss-fuzz/fuzz-credential-from-url-gently.c | 32 ++++++++++++++++
 oss-fuzz/fuzz-parse-attr-line.c            | 39 ++++++++++++++++++++
 oss-fuzz/fuzz-url-decode-mem.c             | 43 ++++++++++++++++++++++
 8 files changed, 177 insertions(+), 39 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 oss-fuzz/fuzz-credential-from-url-gently.c
 create mode 100644 oss-fuzz/fuzz-parse-attr-line.c
 create mode 100644 oss-fuzz/fuzz-url-decode-mem.c

base-commit: 159f2d50e75c17382c9f4eb7cbda671a6fa612d1
-- 
2.47.0.rc1.288.g06298d1525-goog