Subject: [PATCH 00/21] Memory leak fixes (pt.9)

From: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2024 07:32:04 +0200

Hi,

here's another round of memory leak fixes. With this series we're down
to 10 test suites which are failing with the leak sanitizer. There are
two patch series in flight [1][2] that fix three more test suites, so in
total we're down to 7 test suites that we'll still have to fix up. So:
we're almost done!

Patrick

[1]: <[email-masked]>
[2]: <[email-masked]>

Patrick Steinhardt (21):
  builtin/ls-remote: plug leaking server options
  t/helper: fix leaks in "reach" test tool
  grep: fix leak in `grep_splice_or()`
  builtin/grep: fix leak with `--max-count=0`
  revision: fix leaking bloom filters
  diff-lib: fix leaking diffopts in `do_diff_cache()`
  pretty: clear signature check
  upload-pack: fix leaking URI protocols
  builtin/commit: fix leaking change data contents
  trailer: fix leaking trailer values
  builtin/commit: fix leaking cleanup config
  transport-helper: fix leaking import/export marks
  builtin/tag: fix leaking key ID on failure to sign
  combine-diff: fix leaking lost lines
  dir: release untracked cache data
  sparse-index: correctly free EWAH contents
  t/helper: stop re-initialization of `the_repository`
  t/helper: fix leaking buffer in "dump-untracked-cache"
  dir: fix leak when parsing "status.showUntrackedFiles"
  builtin/merge: release outbut buffer after performing merge
  list-objects-filter-options: work around reported leak on error

 builtin/commit.c                          | 26 +++++++++++++++++------
 builtin/grep.c                            | 13 +++++++++---
 builtin/ls-remote.c                       |  1 +
 builtin/merge.c                           |  1 +
 builtin/tag.c                             |  2 +-
 combine-diff.c                            |  2 +-
 diff-lib.c                                |  1 +
 dir.c                                     | 12 +++++++++--
 grep.c                                    |  1 +
 list-objects-filter-options.c             | 17 ++++++---------
 pretty.c                                  |  1 +
 revision.c                                |  5 +++++
 sparse-index.c                            |  7 ++++--
 t/helper/test-dump-untracked-cache.c      |  2 ++
 t/helper/test-reach.c                     | 10 +++++++++
 t/helper/test-read-cache.c                |  2 --
 t/t4038-diff-combined.sh                  |  1 +
 t/t4202-log.sh                            |  1 +
 t/t4216-log-bloom.sh                      |  1 +
 t/t5702-protocol-v2.sh                    |  1 +
 t/t5801-remote-helpers.sh                 |  1 +
 t/t6112-rev-list-filters-objects.sh       |  1 +
 t/t6424-merge-unrelated-index-changes.sh  |  1 +
 t/t6600-test-reach.sh                     |  1 +
 t/t7004-tag.sh                            |  1 +
 t/t7031-verify-tag-signed-ssh.sh          |  1 +
 t/t7063-status-untracked-cache.sh         |  1 +
 t/t7500-commit-template-squash-signoff.sh |  1 +
 t/t7502-commit-porcelain.sh               |  1 +
 t/t7510-signed-commit.sh                  |  1 +
 t/t7513-interpret-trailers.sh             |  1 +
 t/t7519-status-fsmonitor.sh               |  1 +
 t/t7528-signed-commit-ssh.sh              |  1 +
 t/t7610-mergetool.sh                      |  1 +
 t/t7810-grep.sh                           |  1 +
 trailer.c                                 | 18 +++++++++++-----
 transport-helper.c                        |  2 ++
 upload-pack.c                             |  1 +
 38 files changed, 111 insertions(+), 32 deletions(-)

-- 
2.47.0.dirty