Subject: [PATCH 0/4] Documentation/git-bundle.txt: promote --all for full backup

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2024 21:14:58 +0200

From: Kristoffer Haugsbakk <[email-masked]>

The documentation for git-bundle(1) now properly covers `--all`, the
option that can be used to package all refs.  A "Discussions" section
has also been added to address the naive backup strategy of copying a
Git repository manually.

---

The part above was for the-topic-summary.

And that about summarizes it.

Okay well.  I was prompted by SO questions like this one:

    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5578270/fully-backup-a-git-repo

I then compared VonC’s answer to the man page.  The first thing I
noticed was that `--all` wasn’t in the synopsis.  Then one patch lead to
another.

+Cc is just `./contrib/contacts/git-contacts` minus Junio.

Cheers

Kristoffer Haugsbakk (4):
  Documentation/git-bundle.txt: mention --all in Synopsis
  Documentation/git-bundle.txt: mention full backup example
  Documentation/git-bundle.txt: mention --all in spec. refs
  Documentation/git-bundle.txt: discuss naïve backups

 Documentation/git-bundle.txt | 21 +++++++++++++++++++--
 builtin/bundle.c             |  2 +-
 2 files changed, 20 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

base-commit: 34b6ce9b30747131b6e781ff718a45328aa887d0
-- 
2.46.1.641.g54e7913fcb6