Subject: [PATCH v2 0/2] t/helper/test-tool: implement 'sha1-unsafe' helper

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2024 14:05:10 -0500

This series implements a new 'sha1-unsafe' test helper, similar to
't/helper/test-tool sha1'.

I have found such a helper to be really handy when debugging the new
SHA1_UNSAFE build knobs, e.g., to easily compare the performance of the
safe versus unsafe routines, different unsafe variants, etc.

The first patch prepares us by setting up the existing cmd_hash_impl()
function to be able to conditionally use the unsafe variant. The final
patch introduces a new 'sha1-unsafe' test helper which calls the new
variant.

Thanks in advance for your review!

Taylor Blau (2):
  t/helper/test-sha1: prepare for an unsafe mode
  t/helper/test-tool: implement sha1-unsafe helper

 t/helper/test-hash.c   | 17 +++++++++++++----
 t/helper/test-sha1.c   |  7 ++++++-
 t/helper/test-sha1.sh  | 38 ++++++++++++++++++++++----------------
 t/helper/test-sha256.c |  2 +-
 t/helper/test-tool.c   |  1 +
 t/helper/test-tool.h   |  3 ++-
 6 files changed, 45 insertions(+), 23 deletions(-)

Range-diff against v1:
1:  3b31db4d2df = 1:  0e2fcee6894 t/helper/test-sha1: prepare for an unsafe mode
2:  d343f5dc9e5 = 2:  d8c1fc78b57 t/helper/test-tool: implement sha1-unsafe helper

base-commit: 8f8d6eee531b3fa1a8ef14f169b0cb5035f7a772
-- 
2.47.0.231.gd8c1fc78b57