Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Performance improvements for repacking non-promisor objects

From: Jonathan Tan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2024 12:18:37 -0800

This is a follow-up to jt/repack-local-promisor [1] (but these patches
are based on master, since that branch has already been merged).

These patches speed up a fetch that takes 7 hours to take under 3
minutes. More details are in the commit messages, especially that of
patch 1.

Thanks in advance to everyone who reviews. While review is going on,
we'll also be testing these at $DAYJOB (I've tested it to work on one
known big repo, but there may be others).

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

Jonathan Tan (3):
  index-pack: dedup first during outgoing link check
  index-pack: no blobs during outgoing link check
  index-pack: commit tree during outgoing link check

 builtin/index-pack.c | 49 +++++++++++++++++++++++---------------------
 1 file changed, 26 insertions(+), 23 deletions(-)

-- 
2.47.0.338.g60cca15819-goog